I went to see the movie Julie & Julia with a friends when it first came out. I consider myself a "foodie" in the respect that I like to eat! I bought the DVD last week and finally had a chance to sit down and watch it today. If you haven't seen the movie I highly recommend you do-- i thought it was great!In the time between seeing the movie in the theater and waiting for it's release to DVD I put myself on the library waiting list for the audio book that inspired Julia's story in the movie. (I prefer audio books as I can listen to them on the go)
"My life in Paris" is a fantastic book that gives you a little behind the scenes insight to the things portrayed in the movie. The book contains a LOT of french so I was glad I didn't have to worry about decoding the french words in the book.
After I finished the book I found myself REALLY wanting to be a French Chef who doesn't care about pounds or calories (like Julia)! Just hearing the names of these dishes in this beautiful language makes you want to try them all!
So, if you enjoy French cuisine, the French language or Julia Child I recommend you pick up this book. As for me, this was my last moment of indulgence as I'm officially starting Weight Watchers...
No comments:
Post a Comment