
D and I recently went to Las Vegas for a quick getaway. On our second day there, we decided to spend a bit of the early afternoon sitting poolside. Boy am I glad we did! It just so happened that on this particular afternoon the Seagram's company had taken over a cabana where they were highlighting their Sweet Tea Vodka. The bar was also running a Seagram's promo - (slightly) discounted Arnold Palmer-esque slushy lemonade with sweet tea vodka.
With the hot 108 degree sun shining down on us, this drink was perfect! Tart, sweet (but not too), cold and refreshing. After the first sip I had the "why didn't I think of this sooner?" moment. I decided then and there this was going to be our official pool side cocktail at home.

Once back home, I did a little Google/Pinterest research looking for the right recipe. After a couple of test runs, I came across a recipe that sounded like it might work. It was at least a starting point and turned out perfectly as I began playing with the measurements to recreate the tasty drink.
Here was my recipe:
- 1/2 c Lemonade Concentrate (or 1/3 of a 12 oz can)
- 3 c ice (or 3 hand fulls)
- 1/4 c lemon juice (bottled juice worked perfectly)
- 1/4 c. sweet tea vodka*
Garnish with lemon wedge and a straw before serving.
* Additional vodka / water as needed for consistency / taste.
A firm, yet drinkable, slush if following the above ingredients. I like serving it cold like this on a hot day as it will melt. Use spoon to fill glasses (depending on how much additional liquid you add) as it won't pour easily (my first glass "splat" all at once and 1/2 landed in the glass and 1/2 on the floor.
Note: Yields approx. 13 oz. I recommend turning the contents of the lemonade concentrate into a bowl and mix well before putting into the mixer. Occasionally, the concentrate has a little liquid that melts away from the rest of the slush. Pouring it out and mixing it makes sure it's all cold and evenly flavored.
I did a test run of the concoction with my gal pals yesterday and it was a hit! I also must credit the AMAZING VitaMix mixer. This mixer is amazing and obliterates anything in it's path (creating the perfect slush). I also broke out the large blender jar with the tamper attachment as I was making a large batch for the group and I'm certainly glad I did. It really helped mix things up and keep it moving when the ice got a little thick.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment