My favorite and BEST peanut butter cookie recipe comes from none other than Martha Stewart. My co-worker graciously shared it with me and I'm hooked. In fact, when she handed the recipe to me she said "Good luck not eating them all in one sitting" and it wasn't until after I tried one that I knew she wasn't kidding!
Peanut Butter Cookies:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt (as always I use only a pinch)
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter (1 tried this the first time around with TJ's natural chunky PB and it was great too so you can choose any type).
1) In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla; beat until combined. Add the peanut butter and continue beating on low speed.
3) Add the dry sifted dry ingredients, and beat until just blended. Cover dough with plastic. Chill until firm, about 1 hour. Here is where Martha & I differ- I found the batter very dry after chilling so I recommend baking at this point. You decide!
4) Heat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with a silpat baking mat. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls on baking sheet, spaced 2 inches apart. Press down slightly with the palm of your hand. Using tines of a fork, make a crisscross pattern in the dough.
5) Bake until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
As for Snickerdoodles I'm still working on a recipe I like! I made one the other evening at D's request but desipte tasting good they looked strange and were rock hard the following morning. I've done further research on this and have a new recipe I'd like to try so stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment