3.01.2010

Adventures in Weight Watching

I've officially been on Weight Watchers for 4 weeks today. At last weigh in I'm 2 ounces away from a 10 pound loss. D's been doing fantastic too and has been a great partner in this "lifestyle change" (we refuse to call it a diet). If you had told me that I could be feeling and looking this great in just 4 weeks I would have said NO WAY! Guess it just goes to show that a person has to be totally ready to make the change to make a plan successful.

As I assume all Weight Watcher followers do, I've got my daily habits pretty much down pat. We also have some dinner favorites that pretty much rotate in varying orders each week-- fish "tacos", Personal pizzas, "Cheeseburgers" to name a few.

Tonight I added a new favorite into the mix that I thought was not only tasty but easy to make. D doesn't usually compliment my cooking right away but on this meal he told me he approved after the first bite.

Paprika Spiced Pork Chops with Spinach Saute
(My version of the March 2010 Real Simple recipe)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 lean, boneless pork chops (approx. 5 oz. each)
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Kosher salt & pepper
- 4 scallions
- 1/4 cup golden raisins (this will add more points (2)-- very tasty with them in but not mandatory for a yummy meal)
- 1 10 oz. package of spinach salad (this cooks down so you will need this amount for 3 servings)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Season the pork with paprika, salt, & pepper.
4. Place pork into skillet and cook on either side till browned for 2-3 minutes
5. Transfer the pork to a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes
6. Approx. 5 minutes before the pork is done warm up the skillet again and add the scallions (and raisins) and cook for 30 seconds.
7. Add the spinach to the skillet and salt and pepper for seasoning and cook, tossing, until just wilted (1-2 minutes).
8. Stir in the lemon juice at the end and transfer to plate!

Serving: 1 pork chop and a 1/3 of the spinach mixture. (3 total)
WW Points: 7 (with raisins: 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment