I also received a awesome immersion hand blender from my parents for Christmas that I hadn't had a chance to try yet so this tool came in VERY handy. It whipped up the cauliflower concoction in no time.
Cauliflower Puree:
- 1 medium cauliflower (will be aprox. 4 cups once cut)
- 4 garlic cloves I used store bought mashed garlic in a jar so it was super easy
- 1/3 cup buttermilk or fat free sour cream I used sour cream and it was terrific.
- 1 Tbsp of low fat butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
Steam or boil cauliflower in a pot with garlic ( if using whole garlic vs. jarred) until soft.
Drain water and add buttermilk or sour cream, light butter, salt, pepper and puree with a hand blender.
Weight Watchers Serving: 3/4 cup
Weight Watchers Points= .5 (low fat butter) - 1pt. (regular butter)
Chef's notes: FANTASTIC! The flavor was very similar to mashed potatoes with the garlic and butter added and I truly felt full like I had just loaded up on mashed potatoes as well! I pared this meal with 4 oz. of talapia fish (which is SUPER low in points) on a Thursday night and it was the perfect low-cal meal before our Friday morning weigh in.
No comments:
Post a Comment