So it's my first born son's 3rd birthday today! Yes, Bruno may be a cat but you've gotta start somewhere! Being the proud Mom that I am (and having never missed a birthday celebration yet for him) I researched healthier Weight Watcher approved ideas for today's celebration. I came across a cake recipe that is not only super easy but low points too! What better time than this to give it a test run?The pictures are of the leftovers I'm taking to work to share with his work-Aunties.
Diet Soda Cake
- 1 box of your choice of Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix
- 1 box of your choice of Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix
- 10 oz. of diet soda (you can try various flavors like cherry or vanilla coke
- 2 egg whites
- Fat free cool whip (or store brand)
Follow the package mix directions but do everything BUT add the Oil & eggs. Instead add in the 2 egg whites and diet soda of your choice instead. Mix together and pour into a baking pan (coated with nonstick spray) OR cupcake baking pan. Bake for the time suggested on the package and check with a toothpick to make sure the cake is done before taking it out of the oven.
Once cooled scoop 2-4 Tbsp of Fat Free Cool Whip (or store brand) onto the top of, or between, your cake. The cake alone is very light and not very sweet but once you add the Cool Whip you'll swear it was as good as if you loaded it with sugary frosting!!
Cake serving: 1/12 of a 9x13 cake = 4 points
Cupcake serving: 1 of 24 cupcakes =2 points
** if you left the egg out you would decrease the cake serving to 3 and the cupcake would be 1.75 points.
Chef's notes: The batter came out VERY fluffy and scooped in perfect little rounds with a medium cookie scoop when I made the first batch. I only had the 1 pan so when I went back to scoop out the second batch the batter deflated quite a bit. I really believe I could have made more than 24 cupcakes if the batter had stayed fluffy. The second batch came out best as I made each scoop a hearty one which baked slightly over the top and looked great frosted. Felt so sinful but without all the normal fat!
No comments:
Post a Comment